“The Love/Hate Relationship Between Cops and Dispatchers” Improving the Dispatcher/First Responder Roles in Public Safety Organizations
This popular workshop has been instrumental in helping organizations improve relationships with dispatchers and the first responders they serve. We recognize that all personnel are trying to do essentially the same job from two very different locations and perspectives. They often have separate rules, dissimilar shifts, and frankly, neither entity truly understands the other. Recognizing “The Love/Hate Relationship” can bring dispatchers, first responders, and their supervisors and managers together like no other workshop offered on the market today.
This interactive, multi-media session will give attendees the insight they need to bridge the gap between line personnel and the dispatchers and call-takers that support help them and help everyone see, hear and feel what is happening on both sides of the microphone. As public safety organizations, we must recognize that the actions, instincts, and expertise of a good dispatcher can play a vital role in police officer safety and survival and managers can bring both sides together to work as a team.
A dispatcher can be a police officer’s life-line in a dangerous encounter. This workshop will give everyone who attends new insight into bringing those on the street and those in the communications center together, and will be tailored to your organization.
This course will provide additional insight on:
- Helping dispatchers understand officer survival tactics on and off the street
- Recognizing the unique stressors dispatcher face on every tour of duty
- Applying “warrior ethos” to the dispatch function as well as the entire organization
- Defining respectful and “tactical” communication techniques for all personnel
- Bringing dispatchers and officers together before, during and after a critical incident
- How you and your personnel can communicate effectively within your organization…really
- Helping personnel understand and appreciate gender and generational differences
- Learning to manage and use “conflict” to become a truly functional team
- And so much more!
Posted on September 27, 2011, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on “The Love/Hate Relationship Between Cops and Dispatchers” Improving the Dispatcher/First Responder Roles in Public Safety Organizations.