Heroin on steroids: Fentanyl, W-18 and U-47700~ St. Louis, MO
Date(s) - 04/13/2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This one day course was designed to educate first responders, administrators, detectives, narcotic agents, investigators, probation/parole agents and correction officers about the exploding trend of synthetic opioids. In many jurisdictions around the country already affected by illicit Fentanyl, W-18/carfentanil, and U-47700 this course has become mandatory. If your agency has not encountered these substances yet, you will!
The course covers what these dangerous substances are, what they look like, where they come from and how to protect yourself from potentially deadly contact. The instructor will provide information on how to initiate and safely investigate cases involving these substances that are up to 1000 times more potent than other narcotics on the street.
This one-day course includes:
- A description of pharmaceutical and Illicit Fentanyl and its analogs.
- Concerns, issues and safety precautions for law enforcement, investigators and EMT’s.
- Identifying and protocol for labs/pill press operations.
- Using informants and/or undercover officers during the investigation.
- Known sources and distribution methods.