School Resource Officer ~ (SRO) Certification Course ~
This 2-day course is taught from over 23 yrs. LEO/SRO experience and will provide officers the skills and knowledge necessary to work as a competent SRO in the school environment. Being an SRO is much more than just moving a police officer from a patrol position to inside a school building. In order to be SUCCESSFUL, School Resource Officers will have to recognize and make changes in their policing mentality, identify their new role, understand the value of available resources and requires specific knowledge of the critical rules and laws that govern school policing. Areas like Miranda, search and seizure, free speech and expression are considerably different in schools than anywhere else. Special populations (autistic and special needs) students, parent interaction, class presentation and many more subjects are covered.
This certification class is specifically designed for TWO DAYS and loaded with pertinent information, not stuffed with filler material simply to charge more for an extra day or three. Simply put, this is the best bang for your buck. Please compare to other SRO courses
- Building positive working relationships.
- Search and Seizure in the school
- Landmark U.S. Supreme Court Rulings (School).
- SRO duties and
- S.C.A.P.E.- Active shooter guide for (Staff/student)
- Trends: Cyber-bullying, e-cigarette (vaping), drug trends etc.
- Strategies to work with autistic
- Cube policing
- Internet investigative tools (Google, Firefox).
- Teaching tips and more…