Dave Smith’s The Winning Mind©
The Winning Mind©
Presented by David S. Smith
Dave Smith & Associates
Winning Mind Seminars
Dave “J.D. Buck Savage” Smith first presented The Winning Mind© in 1987. Since then it has evolved into one of the most remarkable training experiences that law enforcement personnel will ever attend. By looking at the key components of peak performance, including who survives and why, the roles that optimism, risk and bureaucracy play in our personal and professional lives, and how individuals and organizations can make themselves truly resilient, Dave presents an entertaining & inspiring program designed to help everyone, regardless of their experience, optimize their odds of winning any confrontation.
The Winning Mind is updated continuously and can be customized for any agency, event, conference or audience. In his unique, energetic style, Dave Smith gives men & women the mental edge they need to not only face threats on the street but also manage the stresses they may confront in their daily lives, both on and off duty. In this multi-media session, Dave will discuss:
- What makes someone a “winner?”
- Why “survival” is minimalistic and we must train to WIN!
- Understanding the role beliefs play in winning.
- What is true “optimism?”
- The science of crisis decision making.
- The “Not Today” mindset, every day, on every shift
- The role of “Warrior Ethos” in all aspects of law enforcement.
- Understanding your own Risk Thermostat.
- Maintaining optimism in a bureaucratic world
- Preventing panic, the “archenemy of survival.”
- Being truly resilient after a setback!
This course is perfect for everyone in your agency from management to recruits, from sworn to civilian, from patrol to investigations, and can be customized to fit individual agency needs. Dave Smith’s The Winning Mind has something for everyone!