Emotional & Relationship Survival for Law Enforcement
Being a cop is more than what you do, it is who you ARE!!! It’s how you think of and define yourself, and it’s a title to wear with pride. Law enforcement is a unique and challenging profession, practiced by men & women specially wired to take on those challenges.
Balancing on-and-off duty life is something we all face, and where many of us falter. Leading a well-rounded life is crucial for both personal and professional success. But knowing how to lead that well-rounded life is a challenge for many.
This course examines common personal & professional roadblocks that prevent officers from leading a balanced life. We teach a reality-based approach focused on developing the whole person. After all, a balanced cop is an energized cop.
- Being More Than A Cop©
- Defining personal & emotional health
- Effects of adrenaline on health
- Common self-defeating beliefs
- Building resiliency
- Understanding the mind/body connection
- Creating balance between home & work
- Managing anxiety & stress
- Surviving burnout
- When burnout turns to depression
- Resistance to becoming emotionally well
- Relationship 911!!
- Effective communication strategies
- Steps to save relationships or say good-bye