The Winning Edge™ “Mindset and Tactics for Patrol and Beyond” ~ UTAH
Date(s) - 05/03/2017 - 05/04/2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Winning Edge can be attended by anyone who works in a law enforcement agency. In their unique, energetic style, Lt. Smith and Chief Delmore will give men & women the mental, physical and tactical edge they need to be safe and successful in today’s complicated policing atmosphere. This event is perfect for patrol officers, investigators, gang and drug personnel, correctional officers, police dispatchers, supervisors and managers. In this two-day, multi-media session the instructors will discuss:
•What makes someone truly a “winner?”
- The “art” of roadside interviews
- Detecting deception, salvaging turndowns
- Understanding the role “beliefs” play in winning
- What is true “optimism?”
- The science of Crisis Decision Making
- The “Not Today” mindset, every day, on every shift
- Successfully detecting hidden compartments
- The true roles of “Guardianship” and “Warrior Ethos” in policing
- Understanding your own Risk Thermostat.
- Using in-car & body cams to enhance safety, increase convictions
- Being truly resilient after a setback!